Annotated Bibliography of Safety Literature
To mitigate risk, define root causes, and improve patient safety in the transport medicine setting, it is necessary to understand the relevant medical and non-medical literature related to transport safety. Formated in an excel spreadsheet, the annotated bibliography will serve as a key resource and reference repository for everyone in the transport medicine community.
The document contains a thorough and extensive review of the safety literature related to the following domains:
- Ground critical care ambulance transport
- Helicopter medical transport
- Fixed wing medical transport
- Human factor errors associated with medical transport
- Medical errors and complications associated with medical transport
- Safety culture and safety management systems
The literature review contains results and conclusions for 167 medical transport safety research studies. A link to the abstract and/or the full article are included.
Click here for the Annotated Bibliography of Safety Literature.
Click here for the background information on the research project.