MedEvac Foundation invests in vital data collection infrastructure that will help the medical transport community become more efficient in the delivery of safe, quality air medical and critical care ground transport to all critically ill or injured patients. Funding priorities include research in the areas of safety, program operations and clinical care – all benefiting patients. Since 2005, MedEvac Foundation has awarded over $550,000 in research funding.
The 2013-2014 research grant cycle is now open!
If you are interested in pursuing funding from the MedEvac Foundation, please see our funding priorities and how to apply.
Below is a list of research projects funded by the MedEvac Foundation. If you would like to receive additional information on any of the studies listed below, please contact Kristin Discher at (703) 836-8732 x115 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transport Research Operations Research Medical Research
Transport Research Grants
- How Does EMS Deliver Trauma Patients to Trauma Centers? (2010) In progress
- Defining the Current Distribution of Transport Times for Time-Sensitive Air Medical Transports and the Scope of the Procedural Practice for air Transport Providers (2008) Completed
- Deviation and Validation of a Taxonomy to Categorize adverse Events and Near-misses in Transport Medicine (2008) In progress
- HEMS Accident and Fatal Accident Rates (2008) Completed
- Opportunities for Safety Improvement in HEMS: A Multi Discipline Safety Research Project (2008) In progress
- Establishment of the Critical Care Transport Collaborative Outcomes Research Effort (The CCT CORE Airway Project) (2007) Completed
- Deviation of a Clinical Prediction Rule for HEMS Transport in Winter Resort Injuries (2006) Completed
Operations Research Grants
Medical Research Grants
- HEMS Effectiveness Achieved by Rapid Transport of STEMIs; The CCT CORE HEARTS Study (2012) In Progress
- Safe Emergency Transport of Neonatal Patients (2012) In Progress
- Assessment of patient's exposure to transport (2011) In Progress
- Pre-hospital Stroke Diagnosis Using Ultrasound and Wireless technology (2011) In Progress
- Pulmonary Vascular Responses to Air Transport (2011) In Progress
- Pre-hospital Stroke Diagnosis Using Contrast-Enhanced Transcranial Ultrasound (2009) Completed
- Time Savings by Rapid EMS Antibiotic Therapy for Fractures: CCT CORE Treat Fx Study (2009) Completed
- Does transport Induced Biophysical Impulse Cause Respiratory Deterioration by Inactive of Surfactant Proteins? (2008) Completed
- HEMS Provider Use King LTS-D Airway in RSI patients (2008) Completed
- Sound Levels in Critical Care Transport Vehicles and the Neonatal Response During Transport (2006) Completed
- The Intubating Laryngeal Mask Airway for Failed – out – of – hospital Intubation (2006) Completed
- Characterization and Determination of Pre-Transit Predictors of Medical Intervention during Interfacility Patient Transport (2005) Completed